TSA PreCheck Pop-Up Event
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will be hosting a “Pop-Up” PreCheck Enrollment event at Tri-Cities Airport (TRI), November 11-15.
The temporary enrollment center will be open for interviews Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 AM-Noon and 1-5 PM; and Tuesday and Thursday from 9 AM-1 PM and 2-6 PM. The enrollment center will be located just inside the main entrance of the terminal.
TSA PreCheck is an expedited security screening program that allows passengers to not remove shoes, laptops, liquids, belts and light jackets. According to TSA, 93% of TSA PreCheck-approved passengers waited less than five minutes in September 2019.
TSA PreCheck is an optional service which costs $85.* PreCheck status is valid for five years from the date of approval.
How to Apply:
- Visit TSA PreCheck online.
- Complete the 4-step, online application process. You will need a valid form of ID to complete this process. Acceptable identification documents include drivers’ licenses, passports, military IDs, state identification cards, and several less common types of ID.
- Schedule your in-person registration appointment during the November 11-15 enrollment event at TRI. Remember to bring your ID!
- Enjoy the full benefits of TSA PreCheck on your next flight! Full TSA PreCheck is now available at TRI.
Can't Make It?
If you are unable to come to the pop-up enrollment in November, you can still get your TSA PreCheck designation at the enrollment centers in Abingdon and Knoxville.
* The application fee of $85 can be paid by credit card, money order, company check, or certified/cashier's check. Cash and personal checks are not accepted.