U.S. CUSTOMS PORT #2027
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Port No. 2027 is a fully functional port located at Tri-Cities Airport. The Port services all modes of transportation, not just those shipments arriving by air. Truck and rail shipments are also inspected and cleared by Port Director George Faron, who offers superior customer service to those who clear their goods locally and will even perform inspections at the importer’s facility.
There are several benefits to using a smaller, local port instead of a larger, out of state port:
- Local businesses are able to establish a crucial point of contact with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Entries presented are usually processed and released the same day.
- Merchandise can be examined at the carrier’s facility or the importer’s premises.
- Moving merchandise in-bond from the first port of arrival to the port of final destination can expedite the entry and release of a shipment.
- Smaller Customs ports like Tri-Cities can offer much better customer oriented services.
If you are interested in learning more about how your business can clear entries locally using Customs Port No. 2027, please contact Mark Canty, Director of Trade and Business Development, at 423-367-2385. We would be glad to schedule a meeting to discuss the procedures required to clear your goods locally.
For more information on customs, access the United States Customs Services website.
Mailing & Physical Address:
U.S. Customs Service
Tri-Cities Air Cargo Logistics Center
100 Cargo Center Drive, Suite CC-104
Blountville, TN 37617